GPMS is welcoming all people with passion
We invite you to review the openings listed below. New postings may be added at any time so check back frequently to see if new opportunities match your interests and skillsets. If you feel you have got what it takes to excel with us please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Director of Sales - Helicopter Segment
OPPORTUNITY: We are searching for a mid-career sales person that has solid track record selling into the aviation industry. Experience selling avionics and/or maintenance tools in the commercial helicopter space is preferred. While an understanding of avionics and aviation technology (specifically Health Usage and Monitoring Systems) will help with ramp time in the role, being self-motivated to succeed, a quick learner and naturally curious are most important. While the role will initially focus on the North American light helicopter market and specific industry subsegments (e.g. public safety and air medical), we expect the opportunities to grow globally across all helicopter commercial applications
COMPANY: Green Power Monitoring Systems, Inc. (GPMS) is expanding the market for next generation prognostic HUMS and condition monitoring systems for aviation and industrial applications. We offer a next generation predictive and health management system for aviation and industrial markets. Our product combines advanced hardware and cloud-based software to provide predictive maintenance and smart asset management for helicopter fleet operators. Founded by the technical team which developed one of the leading traditional HUMS systems, GPMS has reengineered the HUMS product to be smarter, faster, and lighter than legacy systems at a price point that puts it within reach for even single engine helicopters.
LOCATIONS: This position can be located anywhere in the US. Preference will be given to locations near major airport hubs.
COMPENSATION: Compensation plan will include base, commissions and a full benefit plan. It will be a 50/50 plan with no cap on commissions. We want to hire someone who is motivated and confident in their ability to be successful in this role.
MANAGEMENT: Position reports to the president.
CULTURE: People are our top priority and believe that hiring decisions are the most important decisions we can make. We have high expectations for collaboration and teamwork. We value accountability, candor, transparency and feedback.
- Qualify and progress leads from marketing, growth the commercial account base and increase the fleet size of existing accounts
- Market to, sell to, and negotiate with customers (in-person meetings, product presentations, email and phone) to exceed sales growth and revenue targets
- Plan, develop and execute presentations at trade shows and customer events
- Assist in collecting, compiling and presenting competitive intelligence internally
- Aid in preparation of annual and monthly forecasts of sales revenues
- Represent GPMS in a professional manner to media and at industry events
- Coordinate efforts of marketing and product development to solve customer problems
- Assist marketing in modifying marketing strategies, sales displays, and brochures
- 30+% travel required
- Must have recent and significant sales experience in an individual contributor role closing deals valued between $50k – $400k+.
- Must have recent experience closing deals with senior executives but is also able to run sales plays that include influencing helicopter maintainers and pilots.
- Must be someone who is great at penetrating and growing accounts. We have referenceable customers. Skilled at navigating and growing big accounts and has the right relationships to get the deals closed. Able to manage a sales process.
- Must enjoy the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company fast growing company and have experience growing a territory from small to significant revenues at least once in their career.
- Must possess a demonstrated commitment and passion for achieving customer satisfaction
- Must be articulate and communicate with ease at public speaking
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Driven problem solver and a proven track record in achieving goals
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and quality
Desirable qualifications include sales experience in the aviation or electronics industry, operational experience at corporate or air transport flight departments, knowledge of helicopter and their systems, pilot’s license or A&P certification preferred.
GPMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity.