GPMS is welcoming all people with passion
We invite you to review the openings listed below. New postings may be added at any time so check back frequently to see if new opportunities match your interests and skillsets. If you feel you have got what it takes to excel with us please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Sales
Requisition ID 2017001 – Posted Date 1/10/2017 – United States; Non-specific location
Green Power Monitoring Systems (GPMS) is a Vermont based small company specializing in aerospace and industrial Prognostics Health Management. We offer a light weight, low cost solution for both manufacturer and aftermarket installations
This position can be supported from any location within the 48 contiguous United States of America, due to the anticipated domestic travel requirements. The Director of Sales will support and execute all sales, and outreach efforts to helicopter fleet owners, operators, and maintenance personnel to identify and develop interest in the GPMS Foresight solution. He/she will ensure short and long term sales forecasts are executed in accordance with GPMS objectives and manage sales and marketing efforts within his/her realm of responsibility. He/she will answer directly to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing. Responsibilities will include the planning and development of strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities (both external and internal). He/she will own and drive resolution of customer service issues, managing customer expectations while achieving optimal GPMS closure.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans, sales plans and forecasts to achieve GPMS growth and revenue objectives.
- Develops and contributes toward product pricing strategies to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Stays current with market intelligence enabling optimal adjustments to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with potential customers, industry influencers, and key strategic players.
- Contributes and oversees the build of business cases to support bids and targeted pursuits.
- Contributes toward sales forecast activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Represents GPMS at trade association conventions/events to promote the product line.
- Meets with key clients, assisting senior management to maintain relationships and negotiate future contractual closure.
- Coordinates between the Sales & Marketing team and other groups/management, as required.
- Approximately 30% – 50% customer related travel
- May need to work a variable schedule, as appropriate.
- Education: BS/BA Degree in a technical discipline; preferably experience in commercial aviation or rotary wing environments; experience in Health Usage Management Systems, other maintenance support technologies, or avionics product sales is a strong plus.
- Experience: 10-15 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing knowledge and techniques.
- Proven track record of successful sales growth.
- Demonstrated relationships with commercial helicopter operators, and/or oil and gas industry platform operators.
- Effective ability to communicate orally and in written form with both management and internal/external customers.
- Extensive customer facing experience a must; Supply Chain management interaction beneficial (preferably in the aerospace and/or oil and gas industry).
- Experience of reviewing contracts, regulations, and procedures. Previous experience with contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of a customer organization and proactive in responding to customer needs.
- A high level of demonstrated business acumen to support business case development and analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and database management tools.
GPMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity.